Our Services to Community Members
Around the world new ways of providing mobility are appearing in our towns and cities. At the same time, rapid adoption of mobile internet access is creating new business models and service offerings that change the way we access and utilise transport.
Recently, Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) have emerged from within this exciting frontier to offer travellers a powerful new alternative to car ownership. These technology trends can enable customers and communities a choice of mobility packages, using a range of suitable transport options, all linked through an integrated and seamless user experience.
Developing MaaS and CAV Eco-Systems
Public transport will form the backbone of any robust MaaS and CAV eco-system. If we allow our public transport services to be casualties of digital disruption, it will be very difficult in the future to rebuild these services in a viable and effective manner.
We also recognise that the transport situation in our largest cities such as London, or Paris or Barcelona, is very different from the regional towns and cities, in the UK and around the world. Outside of these very large cities, the set of alternatives – to private car use – are often insufficiently attractive and limited.
Therefore, we are taking steps to help regional town and cities incubate and develop their MaaS eco-systems.We have developed a new Openness Index Tool to assess the openness of a transport system, and shape mobility service development in that town or city, to enable them to offer the maximum social and environmental benefit.
Open Innovation Programmes
Creating an environment of boundless creativity is highly challenging for large and hierarchical institutions. This poses a particular problem for governments, companies, and organisations that wish to support open innovation.
As one of our four core values, open innovation is central to everything we do at TravelSpirit. We established the TravelSpirit Open Innovation Programme framework to capture and magnify the value generated by our community projects and accelerate them for maximum impact.
Our Open Innovation Programme framework is designed to generate resilient solutions to known mobility challenges. We shepherd innovative ideas through a project pipeline that leverages experience, skills exchange, open source tools and assets from the TravelSpirit community.
Our core business support offer, provided through our TravelSpirit Affiliate Network, includes:
- Supporting the development of open business models. This includes identifying components of technology that make more commercial sense to development in the open.
- Provision of market intelligence, technical knowledge, best practice and strategic foresight, tailored to your business goals and challenges.Designing training sessions, workshops, accelerator programmes and events.
- Facilitating commercial collaboration, including relevant agreements and procurement platforms, to enable MaaS implementation for a target town or city.
- Promotion & Active Management/Governance of open source code assets.
- Organisation Development support to transform and align your organisation to best capture MaaS market growth opportunities.
- Identifying and building talent within your business who can spearhead innovation in MaaS. Integrate with organisation succession plans.
Advocacy and Thought Leadership
TravelSpirit is leading the debate and setting the agenda for realising the full pro-social and economic potential of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAV).
By championing open collaboration and the Internet of Mobility we believe we can grow the new mobility market ‘pie’ at an accelerated rate, for the benefit of all participating cities, communities and companies.
We provide community members the following specific benefits:
- Representing and promoting members’ interests – as long as they are in line with our core values.
- Market creation activities for MaaS.
- Raising political, regulatory and market awareness of the role and value of MaaS.
- Setting the MaaS agenda globally, including thought-leadership collaboration with your organisation on whitepapers, articles and research.
Engagement and Networking
The Mobility as a Service “industry” has yet to form, and Connected & Autonomous Vehicles are also in their infancy. We can provide your organisation an effective means of keeping up to speed on latest developments, shape your offer, and build new b2b and b2g relationships. This includes:
- Access to the leading global network and forum for organisations interested in MaaS, how to adopt it, how to develop solutions etc.
- Close involvement in market leading events, conferences, business networking organised by the only organisation completely MaaS-focused.
- Access to a global network of MaaS thinkers and doers.
- Opportunity to fund a position on our Global Executive and Regional Project Boards.
Routes to Market
In the UK, TravelSpirit Foundation is already proving effective, with the support of its UK Regional Project Board, in developing the local and regional MaaS eco-systems of Greater Manchester, West Midlands and Exeter.
Our community-first approach creates the ideal platform for fostering the local partnerships between third-sector, public sector and private sector necessary to launch new products and services into a community.
We can provide members the following specific benefits:
- New business opportunities and supporting business development activity.
- Access to the TravelSpirit membership directory.
- Promotion of apps and services on TravelSpirit.io.
- Exclusive partnering on collaborative R&D projects.
- Close engagement with your Regional Project Board (currently strongest in UK).
- Support in developing into wider European, Asia-Pacific and North American markets.